Monday, June 06, 2011

Grassington

First time (and the only one until a week ago) we visited Grassignton with our friend, on almost the first drive around in the UK ever, fifteen years ago. I don't remember much from the first visit, apart from some bunting across the streets.

This time there was no bunting, but the village (or town if you insist on being correct) is almost too pretty. We went for an extremely short walk to the Linton Falls, then a little way along the river Wharfe and then turned back into the village (yeah, town, I know) in search of a cafe


I saw some activity on the river and couldn't figure out what it was - and now wikipedia tells me they are restoring hydroelectric plant there. Well done, I say.





There was a not-so-young, probably retired, couple eating their lunch on the table next to ours on a coffeehouse. They had two cute small dogs with them. We finished our cakes, walked up and down a bit (and believe me, it doesn't take long) and I've noticed familiar dogs hanging around outside tables in a pub. Sure enough, their owners were sitting there, having drinks. Enviable life, I think - cafe-crawling whole day long.



Shoes and other things that are good



No comments: