Wednesday, June 23, 2010

no strawberries for wimbledon?

Photobucket

I know they are not strawberries, yes. what's more, they were bought in a shop, not picked by me. and I enjoy picking as much as I enjoy eating them, if not more.

sadly, Graces farm between Saffron Walden and Thaxted where we used to go for pick-your-own berries didn't to do raspberries last year and this year they don't have strawberries (sob, sob, sniff). remembering that they always said that they opened pick-your-own strawberries season for Wimbledon, I phoned them to make sure and found out that I have to find other picking grounds this year.

Oh I don't know, something's not right with this universe.

Well, sure, I found some other addresses. But I'd appreciate if somebody can recommend a good pick-your-own around here (south of Cambridge).

No comments: