Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Fuerteventuuuuraaaa

Although I wasn’t tough enough to stay on Fuerteventura for more than two years, it keeps calling me back.
I went there in the beginning of November, to photograph the Kite Festival, to visit some familiar places, and to meet old friends. Pure nostalgia, it was.

Don’t really know what to write, apart from some short comments for the photos. Enjoy!

Fuerteventura Kite Festival is beautiful. I am sure there are bigger kite events but the location is difficult to match. This year the wind wasn’t great for flying your kite, apparently, so much so that occasionally every single kite was on the ground, but the wind did pick up a few times and then the magic happened.

My good friend and Tai Chi Chuan/Chi Kung teacher, Annalisa Paloschi, poses for me against El Cotillo sunset.

And Anna Villacampa Gómez plays with sand in the dunes of Corralejo.

Luca Canteri didn’t have his new guitar ready for me to photograph this time, but we still did some photos of his work in progress. Love the wood inlays he makes for the rosettes and headstocks.

The waters of Flag Beach were as transparent as ever and the sand as white.

Pictures of Fuerteventura on Shutterstock — here

Photos and text by Tamara

No comments: