Tuesday, November 02, 2010

rays

Photobucket

when you go along A66 to the west, not long before you come to Keswick, the road goes up and then along one side of a pretty valley for a while. I don't know the name, although I am sure it's perfectly findable. Most of my photos from this visit were taken from a lay-by somewhere, because it seems the the best light of each day was gone by the moment we came wherever our destination was. This photo is no exception - roadside one, from that section of A66

btw, in our family those slanted visible rays of sun are called, strangely, "death rays". The origins lay in a comic seen somewhere decades ago. Drawing was showing a little boy pointing some sort of toy at his dad's back, saying "Daddy, do you feel anything?". Open box with inscription "Death Rays" was beside him on the floor

PS: Apparently what we see here is a view of glacial valley "St. John's-in-the-Vale"

Cumbria pics on shutterstock

5 comments:

nameless__one said...

I remember the comic :)

Tamara Kulikova said...

do you also remember what series it was? I seem to remember the style was sort of Calvin and Hobbes, but not even sure about that :)

Tamara Kulikova said...

thank you :)

nameless__one said...

I have a feeling that I saw it many years ago translated in some Russian calendar.

Tamara Kulikova said...

maybe. the "many years ago" bit is certainly true :)